Hello, The Peoples of How to Train Your ConFusion!
It is that time of year where we do one final shout out, as loudly as we can, to tell you that if you do not pre-register now, you can not save money on your membership to How to Train Your ConFusion.
PRE-REGISTRATION CLOSES at 11:59:59PM (EST) on December 31, 2019
In order to attend How to Train Your ConFusion, you must have a membership badge. While you could simply purchase a membership when you arrive at-the-door, it will be way more costly!
Pre-Registering for ConFusion not only saves you money, it helps us as we plan the event. Pre-Registration moneies help to pay for things like AV, Food and Beverages provided in our consuite, pay for items for KidFusion and TeenFusion programming, and over all help us provide you a better con experience. Being a not for profit convention means that our spending is directly correlated to our income from membership sales.
Pre-Registration not only saves you time and money, it helps us bring you the very best How to Train Your ConFusion we can! Whether your an Attendee, a Panelist, Staff or ConCom, members of Artist Alley & Dealers Room, or a Former ConChair – purchaseing your membership via Pre-Registration helps create a sucessful event. Your badge is your pass into panels, the consuite, gaming room, autograph sessions, and much, much more.
This is our call to everyone, won’t you Pre-Register for How to Train Your ConFusion?
Members will find changes to our Registration Types, so please read thru them all before registering.
Pre-Registration allows our membership to save some money over our At-the-Door Rates as they attend How to Train Your ConFusion.
- $52.00– Adult (18+)
- $47.00 – Teen (13 – 17)
- $37.00– KidFusion (5-12)
- $50.00– KidFusion w/Pizza Party (5-12)
- Free– Kid-in-tow (0-5)
- $25.00– Panelist/Presenter/GameMasters (Only With Confirmation)
- $10.00 – ConCom/Staff (Only with Confirmation)
- Please Note: Conchair Emeritus Free Badges no longer apply. The AASFA Board of Directors changed this policy effective June 2019. Former ConChairs should select their type of Registration from the list above.
- Pre-Registration closes on December 31, 2019 at 11:59:59pm EST. No Exceptions.
- You must present ID to pick up your badge.
- ConFusion does not offer day badges, transfers, or refunds.
- ConFusion does not accept checks or money orders. Cash or Credit only.
- Yapsody Fees are added by Yapsody.
Registration Type Details:
Adult: An adult badge grants access to all panels, including readings and autograph sessions, as well as access to the the consuite, gaming room, and parties. (Please note: some events may have age restrictions and will require identification for entry/participation.)
ConCom/Staff: 2020 marks a new era for ConFusion. It is the first time ConFusion is asking its Convention Committee and Staff to contribute to the funds that run ConFusion. ConCom and Staff wanting to Pre-register must first receive a staff confirmation which will authorize their $10.00 registration. Please email your department head or email email@example.com for further information and your confirmation.
Panelist/Presenter/Musician/Game Masters: 2017 marked a new era for ConFusion. It was the first time ConFusion asked it’s panelists and presenters to contribute to the funds that run ConFusion. This decision came as a direct result of growing accessibility needs of the fannish community. Amazingly our Panelists/Presenters/Musicians/Game Masters supported this effort! For further information visit our Accessibility Improvment Fund Page. Please Note: Panelists should NOT pre-register until they receive their Panelist Confirmation Email given in their Panelist Acceptance letter from Programming. If you applied to be a Panelist and have not heard from us by Oct 31, 2019, please email: Programming@ConFusionSF.org
Teens (13 – 17): Recognizing that our Teen Members bring a great deal to our convention, the How to Train Your ConFusion committee wanted to encourage their participation. 2020 will be the first year that Teen Registration is slightly less than Adult. This is our recognition of the value our Teens provide, while understanding that their funds may be more limited.
- TeenFusion: ConFusion offers teen appropriate programming throughout the weekend. These events include table-top gaming, crafting & costuming, along with GoH SodaKlatches. See TeenFusion programming for more details. (Please note: TeenFusion does not serve meals and will close during meal hours)
Conchair Emeritus: 2020 ConFusion brings with it changes to the previous policy of offering Free Badges to former ConFusion ConChairs. The Ann Arbor Science Fiction Association Board of Directors voted in June 2019 to end the policy of providing free registration to former conchairs. Former ConChairs can select their type of registration based on the list above.
Children at ConFusion:
As a family-friendly convention, ConFusion welcomes children of all ages and strives to provide appropriate programming for all. With their membership each child is welcome to attend most events (see above exceptions), partake of the consuite, and is also privy to additional events for kids. In order to participate in KidFusion each family is asked to donated 3 hours of time at KidFusion Panels.
- KidFusion: ConFusion is proud to offer kid-centric programming. This programming takes place in its own space and is geared for kids from ages 5 to 12 (See TeenFusion for teenage programming). GoH KookieKlatches, SF/F Art Projects, and much more. See KidFusion programming for more details. (Please note: KidFusion does not serve meals and will close during meal hours)
- KidFusion Pizza Party: This is a wonderful event for your kids on Saturday night of ConFusion. It is Pizza/Pajama Party. It will run from 7 p.m. to midnight. It is open to all children with KidFusion/w Pizza memberships (ages 5-12). Must register via pre-reg or at the con no later than noon on Saturday. Space is limited.
- Kid-in-Tow: If you plan to bring young children (under 5) to ConFusion, please register them with our kid-in-tow option. There is no charge for this membership. Although ConFusion does not offer additional services for children of this age group, having a badge will help our operations and registration staff to act quickly, if the need arises.
If you have any KidFusion questions email: KidFusion@confusionsf.org
If for some reason you did not pre-register, no worries! We will be selling memberships with our At-the-Door Rates listed below. ID is required to purchase membership at-the-door!
- $65.00 – Adult (18+)
- $55.00 – Teen (13-17)
- $45.00 – KidFusion (5-12)
- $60.00 – KidFusion with pizza party (must be registered by Saturday at NOON)
- Free – Kid-in-Tow (0-4)
- $25.00 – Panelist/Presenter/Game Masters
- $10.00 – ConCom/Staff
- Please Note: Conchair Emeritus Free Badges no longer apply. The AASFA Board of Directors changed this policy effective June 2019. Former ConChairs should select their type of registration from the list above.