Hello The Peoples of How to Train Your ConFusion!
As we creep ever closer to being together at the Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel, We have some news and updates to share about the Hotel and about our Thursday evening, Guest of Honor Dinner!
Let’s start with Sheraton News!
Want to earn $5.00 a day in vouchers or Starpoints?
- Make a Green Choice Program at the Sheraton. To participate in Make a Green Choice, and be eligible for the $5 food or beverage voucher or the 500 Starpoints®, hang the Make a Green Choice doorhanger on the outside of your guestroom door by 2am or let the hotel know during check-in that you’re interested in opting-in.
- You are not eligible to participate in the program on the day of departure; it is only on stayover nights. Please note: the $5 F&B voucher is only valid at time of purchase and cannot be combined with other offers. Unused $5 F&B vouchers may be turned in at the front desk before check-out for 500 Starpoints each.
- If you opt-in to the Make a Green Choice program, housekeeping services will not be available for the day. Please note this includes all room cleaning and coffee & bathroom amenities will not be automatically replenished.
- If you opt out of the program, but still want to conserve water and energy, you can hang your towels you want to reuse and place your doorhanger on the nightstand to reuse your bed linens. The bed(s) will be made. For fresh towels, please leave them on the floor. For fresh linens, please leave the doorhanger on the bed.
Ask the Front Desk Folks for further details about the Make a Green Choice Program!
Thinking of requesting a Late Check Out?
- The Sheraton can not accomadate Late Check Out requests for our ConFusion membership. So even if you stated such on the website as you booked, there will be no late check outs.
- If you check out but need a place for your belongings for the rest of the Convention on Sunday, swing by the Sheraton Front Desk and they can help you with that!
Thurs. Jan. 16, GoH Dinner News!
Our Guests of Honor dinner happens on Thursday night on Jan. 16th. It is a meal to welcome our GoHs and SubPress Special Guests, fill our stomachs, and get ready for the convention to begin. Here are some details:
- Anyone is welcome to join. No RSVP necessary!
- Dinner begins at 7:00pm in the St Clair Room at the Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel. Overflow space is in the Hotel Restaurant.
- This is an non structured event. Come in, have a seat, enjoy a meal, a drink, and each others company and then pay your tab. Easy, Peasy.
- We’ve worked with the Sheraton to create a menu that covers a spectrum of dietary choices and spending preferences.
- How to Train your ConFusion wants to spend time with everyone, but space can be limited. We wanted you are aware of that.
- We also ask for your patience as the staff of the Sheraton work to feed us. Having 100+ people sitting down to order, eat and drink at the same time is a task and a half! They know we’re coming and are working to be prepared.
Karaoke for a Cause at 9:00pm
Dinner goes until we’ve all eaten, but at 9:00pm Blasted Bill Putt will come in and begin set up for our annual Karaoke for a Cause event in St Clair! Join us as we begin that tradition of singing while rasing money for our charity.
How to Train Your ConFusion is almost here! As we prepare the final items for the convention, if you need us, just email! email@example.com